We, the participants of the ZamBaSulTa CSO Leaders Assembly held in Zamboanga City from November 7 – 9, 2016, coming from the various Bangsamoro Sectors and Organizations – the Sutanates, youth, women, academe and communities from the provinces of Sulu, Basilan, Tawi-Tawi and the City of Zamboanga, hereby declare our appreciation of the following:
- The uniting efforts of the Bangsamoro masses to end violence and work for peace in the Bangsamoro Homeland;
- The support of the local and international NGOs in the task fo uniting the Bangsamoro leaders towards achieving a common aspration that is acceptable to all;
- The assistance being extended by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in bringing together the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) towards forging a joint effort in addressing the general welfare of the Bangsamoro people;
- The effort of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to allow MNLF Chairman Nur Misuari to participate in the peace process;
- The signing of the Executive Order reconstituting the Bangsamoro Transition Commission (BTC) to include other importan stakeholders; and
- The important role played by the Sultanates in resisting colonial aggression and maintaining the identity and sovereignty of the Bangsamaoro people.
We also declare our support to:
- The continuation of the peace processes in the Bangsamoro between the Bangsamoro fronts and the new administration of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte; and
- The ongoing call of the Bangsamoro civil society groups for unity and solidarity among the Bangsamoro leaders towards working for a unified and enhanced political proposal for the Bangsamoro.
- For a quadripartite meeting MNLF-MILF-GPH and OIC to help fast tract the unity of the Bangsamoro fronts towards a unified Bangsamoro enabling law;
- For the MNLF and the MILF to religiously abide with the solidarity framework enunciated by the OIC through the Bangsamoro Coordination Forum (BCF) in order to achieve the long-term goal of MNLF-MILF agreement;
- Urge President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to bring the Bangsamoro fronts together for a dialogue towards forging a consolidated enabling law;
- Enjoin all the Bangsamoro to rise above tribal differences towards helping unify the MNLF and MILF to synergize their efforts to achieve the peace and development that the Bangsamoro rightfully deserve;
- The implementation of the recommendations of the Transitional justice and Reconciliation (TJRC) in addressing the legitimate grievances of the Bangsamoro, correcting the historical injustices committed against the Bangsamoro and other indigenous peoples, and addressing human rights violations and marginalization of the Bangsamoro due to land dispositions; and
- The leaderships of the MNLF and the MILF to refrain from issuing statements detrimental to the Unity and Cooperation of the Bangsamoro.
- We affirm the importance of the gains of the past peace agreements from the Tripoli Agreement of 1976, the Final Peace Agreement of 1996 and the Comprehensive Agreement on Bangsamoro (CAB) of 2014;
- For the betterment of the Bangsamoro, we collectively commit ourselves to:
- Relentlessly pursue our call for unity and solidarity among our leaders;
- Raise the consciousness of the different sectors and organizations of the Bangsamoro society on the importance of unity and the ongoing peace processes;
- Reach-out to different stakeholders and communities of the Bagsamoro to build constituencies for unity and solidarity and support to the peace processes; and
- Engage in a sustained intra-Moro dialogues and consultations with the various stakeholders of the Bangsamoro on important issues that directly or indirectly affects their lives.
Done and signed in Zamboanag City, Philippines on November 9, 2016.
NOTE: Signed by 84 CSOs and Sectoral Leaders coming from Island provinces of Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi and Zamboanga City.
By CBCS Secretariat