For the MNLF and MILF to work together for Common Good of the Bangsamoro
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the MNLF and the MILF,
Assalamu Alaikom wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuho!
We, the one hundred twenty participants to the Bangsamoro Multi-Sectoral Leaders’ Summit held from December 5 – 9, 2016 at the Royale Mandaya Hotel, Davao City, coming from the provinces and cities of ARMM and non-ARMM provinces in Mindanao, representing different Moro ethnic groups, after series of provincial consultations and regional assemblies on current important socio-political and economic cultural developments that affect the lives of the Bangsamoro, hereby declare the following:
- We recognize your vanguardship and strong determination in leading the struggle of the Bangsamoro for self-determination;
- We praise the fact that your struggle has incremental gains and victories which are now being enjoyed by the Bangsamoro;
- We acclaim your sincere efforts in liberating the Bangsamoro from national oppression, exploitation and discrimination;
- We have taken note of the historical fact that the split in the Bangsamoro fronts had caused ill-feelings and mutual distrust among the front’s leaders and much more to the Bangsamoro masses as a whole;
- We acknowledged that an opportunity is at hand under the new Duterte administration for the Bangsamoro to face the challenge of drafting a common enabling law that is acceptable to the Bangsamoro;
- We acknowledge with appreciation your common goal of establishing a Bangsamoro society that is faithful to Islamic doctrines;
- We express our admiration for your common effort to put your acts together and mindful and guided by the verses from the Qur’an such as: “And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and do not be divided among yourselves;…” [Ali-Imran 103]
“Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty,”- [Ali-Imran 105]
“For each one are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allah . Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron.” [Suratul Ra’d: 11]
Reflecting on the above, we earnestly appeal to your good selves to:
- Be mindful of the spirit of the MNLF-MILF signed unity agreements in Cyberjaya, Malaysia in 2001 that created the Bangsamoro Solidarity Conference (BSC) and the Dushanbe, Tajikistan Agreement of 2010 that established the Bangsamoro Coordination Forum (BCF) through the auspices of the of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC);
- Fully utilize the Bangsamoro Coordination Forum (BCF) as converging platform for the peace agreements:
- Listen to the outcry of the Bangsamoro masses, whose interests you swear to promote, protect and defend;
- Be mindful that the whole Bangsamoro people put their high hope of ending their long suffering as well as the next generation through your concerted efforts and with the aid of the Almighty Allah.
Done and signed at Royal Mandaya Hotel, Davao City this 8th day of December 2016.
NOTE: Original document signed by One Hundred Forty One (141) Bangsaamoro Leaders.